Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One with a Deadline

I have my brother's name for Christmas this year.  He said he would like to have a quilt.  He's in his early 20's and doesn't really have one right now.  You know bachelors and their ways.  So I focused on one particular scrap heap in my possession.


My sister-in-law donated some of her old jeans for the project, and after two sewing machine break-downs, a couple trips to the Sears repair center, a borrowed machine, and several blisters from cutting up jeans, I finally did this:


It's not the best jeans quilt I could imagine, but I love blues, and I really think he'll appreciate it.  This weekend I will need to find batting and something for the border.  I have a LOT more fabric from this stash, but I don't know what I'm going to do yet.  All I know is that it has to be completed by July 20 so I can take it with us to California.  I will not spend money on shipping!

1 comment: