Monday, May 30, 2011

Borders and Backing

I picked up some solid slate blue for the inner border, on super sale.   I also got the backing.  I was planning to piece the backing, using the rest of my blue scraps (there are more than enough!) but on a whim decided I'd prefer some part of this quilt to look ... not chaotic.  (Also, the 108" backing was $9 a yard!)


Eh, you'll have to click on the picture to see it better.  The big border I was planning to use on something else.  It's currently my favorite fabric ever.  But thought it looked too perfect with this.


Here's the backing.  I tried getting a picture without the cat, but that was love at first sight.  Sorry Andy.  I promise to wash it before you get it.

I did a weird size on this.  I was planning to do something normal, like Full Size, but got carried away, so now it's a plump 88"x73". 

Now I have to pick up some batting and get the real work started.

1 comment:

  1. There's just that allure of some kind of material lying on the ground that a cat can't resist. ;)

    ReplyDelete