Sunday, March 10, 2019

Project Recap

I've been feeling the usual springtime flood of new quilt ideas, so I thought I'd do a recap of my current projects here. Maybe it'll keep me interested in the present, instead of running wildly at the future.

First is my cottage floral quilt, which is my current priority. I LOVE the design I'm stitching into it. And now that I've started watching Game of Thrones all over again, I should be able to knock this one out soon.


Quilting the borders will be the most laborious part, and may get a little more repetitive than I like. But as long as Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are around, I should be okay!

Gemini is pinned and ready for the quilting hoop. It's been waiting more than 8 months.


I have no idea how I'm going to quilt this, but I am fighting the urge to jump right in and start brainstorming and trying out my stencils. I also have some appliques I'm thinking of adding to those bare spots. I'm going to have a really good day planning the future of this quilt, just as soon as the floral is done.

Both of these are waiting for the hoop.


And now I have a newish piecing project. That sampler I started a while back started getting boring. So I decided to throw in some aqua. I loved it at first, but the more I look at it, the more I question it.



I think it's possible for this to go horribly wrong, or shockingly spectacular. Can't decide yet, but I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

For me, just going with the flow is difficult with a craft as structured as quilting. I haven't found a class that teaches that particular skill yet, going with the flow. But maybe I can pick it up naturally by making these kinds of spontaneous left-hand turns more frequently.

To close, this is my new favorite picture of my cat. Periodically, she gets sick of us and faces the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment