Saturday, June 28, 2014

Additions

The snail's trail blocks are going really well.  So well, I got a little bored of making them. I knew I needed another dimension. So in-between each little snail swirl will be an embellishment block.  I had to draw up templates for these, since I am generally a simple block kinda girl.  I didn't want these to be simple, and believe me, they weren't.  But I LOVE how they turned out.






This is just a nine-patch. I saw this block on pinterest, and have no idea how to rearrange measurements so that they make the block size I need.  Luckily, this was a simple one to draw a template for.  I can use a ruler, but I don't do math where seem allowances are concerned. It always ends badly.


When I found this block, I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be doing nine 4.5"x4.5". I was supposed to accommodate that this was a 4 patch design, and kept the patches at 4.5", so I had to add some extra blocks around it. But now, I kinda like that the star is in the corner. All that's really important is that I have both a light and dark star block.

Okay, have to make about 30 more blocks overall, so I need to get busy. Just felt like throwing a post up today. I'm pretty jazzed by the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment