Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Machine Applique

My first autumn table runner is finally done.


I wasn't happy with my color choices once I had pieced the top, so I added some zaz to it with the appliqued leaves.  It was my first time doing any kind of applique, and I didn't do so hot.


I used a zig-zag stitch with some heavy yellow thread that you would normally use on jeans.  I thought it gave it a country primitive look.  But I messed up several times, and I'm afraid to wash it for fear the leaves will shred.

In the very center, I machine-quilted a design, which I ended up screwing up horribly.  So after carefully picking out the stitches, I hand-quilted the same design.  But it may never look quite right.



And here's the back.  All in all, I like it, and I'll definitely use it.  But it's certainly not up to the standards of being a gift.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I would love to get that as a gift, don't sell yourself short! :)

    ReplyDelete