Sunday, September 4, 2011

Simple Machine Quilting

I got tired of hand-quilting, and decided to try doing something simple on my machine that didn't require a darning foot, which I don't have.

So I threw together some scrap blues to also test out spray basting, something I love for small projects.  For quilting it, I just did some crooked lines all over.  So here's my first pieced table runner.


The only thing I bought for this project was the fabric adhesive spray, and the backing.



I'm really proud of how this turned out.  My binding stitches are getting a bit better, and I love the color.  In fact, I was so proud, I cut a new table runner in the exact same pattern with my scrap greens and purples.  But I won't do this type of quilting again.  The crooked lines acheived the look I was going for, but it was SUCH a tedious process!

No comments:

Post a Comment