Friday, June 3, 2011

Waiting a Little Longer

So here's one from 2003.


This was the first time I'd ever had to cut pieces that weren't all the same size.  And I was using a Sharpie to mark my fabric....  Also, I was an utter beginner on the sewing machine, at which I've never been very gifted.

I started the project for my now husband.  I stopped at ten squares because I was tired of it, and thought a nice wall quilt would look just fine in our Nightmare Before Christmas themed bedroom.  I have almost a full yard left of eache fabric, though.  I've been waiting until I feel like doing a big bed quilt, but I just don't know if I'll get there.  So now I need to figure out what to put on the borders and backing.  It's hard to find a fun fabric that goes with both yellow and purple without looking too loud... 

So this one's going back on the shelf until I have some dollars laying around for just the right fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment